Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Furry Muse




So this is my muse--my silly dog, Buddy. Isn't he photogenic? The top picture is one of the favorite altered items I've made. It is a mini accordion album meant to go inside an altoid type tin, and the picture below it is of the piece that decorates the lid.

I designed these pieces for a lovely woman who has a business selling scrapbook supplies and kits. The exciting part was that I was able to see my work on display last week at the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington, TX! Steve had work related training going on in Irving, so I decided to tag along on the trip and attend the scrapbooking show while he was in class. Crazy to think that hundreds and hundreds of people may have seen my little altered altoid tin!

When Steve and I got back and picked up Buddy from the pet resort, we tried telling him he was famous, but he was more interested in sniffing some pug's behind...

Buddy will never let his fame go to his head!

Anyway, if any of you are inspired to make one of these fun altoid tins, check out www.detailed-designs.com. I am not sure if she has them up on her site yet, but the owner sells the tins and precut plain cardstock inserts to go inside them, so it's super easy. You just decorate and embellish away! Tell her Anita sent ya! I just love these little projects because they're easy to start and finish--pretty much instant gratification!

No comments:

Post a Comment