Monday, July 17, 2006

My First Scrapbook Layout


So as I mentioned in my previous post, there's a guy about to premiere his documentary about scrapbooking. He's invited scrapbookers to submit layouts talking about their first ever scrapbook page, and he will be displaying them at his premiere and future screenings. This is the page I sent--it documents my first layout (completed in 2002) and how I didn't have any supplies back then, so I used a white pen to doodle a design on the page. Greatest irony--now doodling is this "hot" and trendy technique! So who knows...perhaps coming to a theater near you...my scrapbook page!

It's so interesting to see how my scrapbooking style has developed over the years. The craft as a whole has grown a lot--it used to be all cutesy paperdolls and bright stickers with white borders, and simple patterned papers, and now there is a lot more variety and sophistication--even my glamorous friend who has lived in all the cosmopolitan cities of the US and has a highly developed fashion sense (so the opposite of me) found some of my scrapbook paper super cute! I hope that more people will start seeing scrapbooking as relevant to them--scrapbooks aren't just for some stereotypical dowdy moms--they can even be for fashionistas!

No comments:

Post a Comment