Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My Favorites - Part 2 - White Uniball Signo Pen


I was downright giddy when the box arrived today. This is the white Uniball Signo pen. UM-153 for you pen geeks out there. Up until this point, I had only been able to get these pens for my own personal use - it had been discontinued in the US, and was only available from Japan, and through one of the direct sales companies. It was like Christmas when I found a couple at a Japanese stationery shop in San Francisco, but I wished that I could offer them for sale to others. Just by chance I found a supplier while looking for something else! So, as of today, these are up for grabs in my ebay store HERE.

If you've ever struggled with a sputtering, skipping, sanity-trying (ran out of words that start with 's'), white pen, you will understand my excitement regarding this pen. It is the one hyped by scrap celebs, published scrap artists, and everyday scrappers as the ultimate white pen. Smooth milky white ink, acid free, even writes smoothly on photos. Well, I've tried it. It is all true. I am finding reasons to use it on almost everything I make!

Here are a couple cards I made last weekend:

I used the pen to add the white accents to the blue stamped flower on the left card, and to accent the white bits in the flower center and add "happy birthday" on the right hand card. Here's a closer view:

I love love love this pen. I think it's a must have for anyone that is into cardmaking or scrapbooking - just perfect for doodling or accenting embellishments, or journaling. It almost makes me like the look of my own handwriting!

So, that is #2 on my favorites list (which is in no particular order). I know I missed yesterday, so I will catch up tomorrow or Friday. Stay tuned!

1 comment: